Click HERE or the image above see an example created by South Cave Primary School
It Starts with a Story
Digital technology is cleverly interwoven with a story, children are then encouraged to use a variety of apps and approaches to bring the book to life. Working in small groups, children are supported to create videos, recordings and animations.
The Early Years Foundation Stage
This brand new approach to digital technology has been created by experienced Foundation Stage teachers working in conjunction with the award winning ‘Mr Andrews Online’. Activities ensure links across the foundation stage with a specific emphasis on: Understanding the World, Technology, Literacy and Communication and Language.
Each of the 8 projects focus on a different traditional tale. As the children progress through the project they will experience a variety of different activities culminating in the creation of a unique multimedia app. This can then be viewed as a digital story app which can be shared with the children and their parents and the world!
The activities could be completed over the course of a week (or in a day if preferred) as adult led, small group tasks.
‘Goldilocks and the Three Bears’ is one of eight projects available.
- Using animation tools to bring stories to life
- Creating a digital app to share with the world
- Using digital storyboards
- Multimedia Story narration
- Digital exploration of story settings and characters
The ‘Once App On A Time’ resources and classroom sessions are also underpinned by 21st Century Skills (Communication, Collaboration, Creativity, Critical Thinking) and the pupils will also cover the following skills:
- Spoken Language
- Digital Literacy
*The completed apps are securely hosted online on the Mr Andrews Online servers and can be shared to all tablets and internet enabled devices.
There are a number of fun and exciting early years classroom experience sessions (half-day) your school can choose from. These can be booked as part of a package that includes school access to the online ‘Once App On A Time’ resources or as stand-alone sessions.
The pupils will be excited and proud as they take control of a number of activities which combine to produce unique apps, created by your EYFS children.
What will I need?
You will need at least one classroom iPad to carry our the activities.
How much does it cost?
- £195 (+VAT) For all online materials, 8 ‘Once App On a Time Projects’ – Online hosting for *24 Apps
- £295 (+VAT) A half day ‘in the classroom’ session with one of the team working with your staff and children completing a ‘Once App On a Time’ app
- £445 (+VAT) Classroom session, online access to projects, guides and hosting for *24 Apps
- *£195 (+VAT) for additional 24 hosted apps