‘A Rare Species of Bird’ is the 22nd project available for primary schools. The project begins with the children using augmented reality to bring their own unique bird to life, followed by a number of creative activities.
This literacy/science focused project for Key Stage 1 covers:
- using augmented reality to bring images ‘to life’
- investigating this ‘rare bird’
- creating a multimedia report about the unusual bird
- creative interactive posters describing the importance of conservation
- creating ideas on protecting the bird from extinction
- comparing the bird with British Birds
- creating a ‘rare animal’
Throughout this project the pupils will use and combine a number of creative apps to present their learning and understanding and collate them in a multimedia book.
The project includes everything you’ll need:
- 8 inventive activities
- example outcomes for each activity
- Download resource to print
- a link to a completed Rare Species book from the classroom