Welcome to the Science Award, The Wonder of Evolution!
In this Science Award, you will be developing your scientific skills whilst investigating evolution, domestication, inheritance, and the history of human beings.
- Research the work of Charles Darwin and study his Theory of Evolution
- Explain natural selection and inheritance
- Look at how animals are adapted
- Examine changes in animals over time, look at artificial selection (domestication)
- Explain human evolution and create a report on the history of the Earth
For each lesson, you will be required to do some research, make notes as you watch videos, answer questions (multiple choice, short answers and longer answers) and demonstrate your understanding.
Throughout this project, there will be suggestions on how you might present your work. WAGOLLs will also be provided for each lesson.
A completed WAGOLL ‘Evolution’ can be viewed HERE.
‘The Wonder of Evolution’ Knowledge Organiser
Ask your teacher to provide you with ‘The Wonder of Evolution’ Knowledge Organiser.
The Knowledge Organiser outlines the essential knowledge that will be covered in this project.
The online quiz should be accessed multiple times to help secure knowledge and recall basic facts and concepts.
Once the quiz is complete the marks will be released. You should aim to get full marks. The quiz can be accessed time and time again.